Sunday, January 16, 2005

Bad hair day!

After wearing my hair dark-brown/black for the longest time.. I made the stupid decision of trying to lighten it a shade or two.. I am not a fan of blond hair.. So a chocolate brown is what I was aiming for.. Being away from Kuwait for so long.. I did not really know where to go. I asked around fishing for hairdressers.. I had recommendations from everyone.. I was told about at least 8 places to try.. And I randomly chose one of them.. And got myself an appointment..

I arrived at my appointment totally excited.. I told the British hairdresser what I wanted and she smiled and said: "THAT'S IT? You will be out of here in no time"... she went on mixing the colors, and came back with 2 bowls.. One she used to cover my roots, the other she later used to cover the rest of my hair.. I thought it was weird.. But.. She said she has been doing this for 18 years.. So I trusted her.. After all, what did I know? It's only hair... It will grow.. Right?

Patiently, I waited as her assistant washed my hair.. And asked me to be seated again infront of the mirror.. it was at that moment that I noticed a bright strand!.. after asking her why it's so bright.. She said .. Not to worry when it's all dry I will see how "beautifully warm and rich my hair color is".

The first thing that came to my mind when my hair was finally dry was " MY HAIR!!!!!! MY GODDDD!!!" my roots were red.. and the ends were dark brown! it looked HORRIBLE! The hairdresser simply told me it was my fault because I was supposed to tell her my hair originally had color when I walked in! ( which I dead but she was obviously deaf at the time)

She decided that I should come back the next day and get it adjusted!.. I thought she was going to simply color it dark again.. I am not really into highlights and lowlights and all that.. to make a long story short.. I currently have red roots.. brown and dark brown strands.. mixed with a little red..any

suggestions!? hehehehe

14 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

well DJ.. what can I say.. I believed in second chances to redeem one's self.. notice I said BELIEVED.. in the past but no more.. thankfully, I have a sense of humor and I am able to look at the whole situation as a funny experience. I tried to use color-rinse to harmonize the over all appearance.. it worked to calm things down HOWEVER.. the top part needs to be darkened again.. all that red is flamming through.. kinda makes me feel like the former GingerSpice Girl..

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

hahahahahahha...o intay hathey 7altich?
you always get screwed when it comes to your hair...hahahahahahaha...7abebty my suggestion would be to shave your head just like Demi Moore in "G.I Jane"
ishrayich? :P

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

next time go to salon warda

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

Purgatory ish3arfik eb hal sowalif? haaa?!! :P
warda 3indhom khoosh 7afafa :P

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I just wanted to say thanks for not going the way of so many women these days who completely shave their heads and instead use an array of wigs. Sure, it's less hassle, but they freak us out when they come off during sex. Cheers.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

Jelly_Belly .. it's to damn cold now to talk around with a bald head.. but I might consider it for my new summer look :P hehe

P72.. how would you come to know about warda? ;) besides.. as JB said.. they have good 7affafaat but I doubt if they can do more than that in the quality required..

Shamus..
hehehe well I am not into wigs.. besides.. hair itself could be included in foreplay if used correctly on the right person ;) so why go for fake!?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Chubby angel and JB, I know stuff :) hmm how about that salon in ebneed elqar?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Chubby
I have a feeling you're looking just gorgeous in those red roots! Don't get them adjusted, you will probably start a new look. Be brave and daring ;)

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

P72.. there are many, which one do you go to? ;)

Jewaira darling..
you know.. I was thinking about it this morning..the color grows on you.. and I did want a new look.. i went out to dinner with my friends tonight and I had that messy hair look.. I actually thought I looked radiant ;) am definitly keeping my red roots.. who says blonds have all the fun, crazy brunettes do too ;)

Q8 .. you my dear, I will deal with later.. as for the biting part.. that's negotiable ;)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Chubby angel :P I do not cut my hair in kuwait

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

p72.. hmm to my knowledge.. they (warda) provide many services other than haircuts and trims. N'est pas? ;)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Chubby Angel, I do that at home on my own ;)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

p72.. hmm talented! I should try you sometime ;)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Chubby angel,

Yeah you should, one time might not be enough ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home