Thursday, September 14, 2006

Things You Might Not Know...

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.

A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and
down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
( I want to test this theory, but I need to get my hands on some champagne first ) ;)

A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily!
(That explains a few mysteries....)

Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."

Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which
stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar


go figure!

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

walla thakarteny eb sowalif "hal ta3lam" :P
and I wanna try the raisin theory too! although I hate raisin and I can't stand it :P

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Chubby Femme said...

but raisins are so good for you ;)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

I'm still waiting on my second picture ;P

could you send it Please :*
yalla lazem anam...talk to you laters ya om raisins :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home